In last Sunday’s passage, we looked at how to be a fruitful follower of Christ as we focused on the parable of the soils. In this today's passage, we are looking at the marks of the fruitful follower of Christ’s mission. In other words, what sorts of things attributes would you expect to see in a fruitful follower of Christ? If a follower of Christ is responding correctly to the Word of God, what sort of outworking will this produce in their lives? Well Jesus explains this across three different parables:
- The parable of the lamp (Mark 4:21-25)
- The parable of the growing seed (Mark 4:26-29).
- The parable of the mustard seed (Mark 4:30-34).
It’s from these three parables that we will be identifying four marks of a fruitful following of Christ’s mission:
- Fruitful followers witness obediently (Mark 4:21-23).
- Fruitful followers work expectantly (Mark 4:24-25).
- Fruitful followers wait dependently (Mark 4:26-29).
- Fruitful followers walk confidently (Mark 4:30-34).